
What is my deal!?!? I totally just posted about my bed because I couldn't think of anything to post about. DUH!!! IT'S JACK'S BIRTHDAY! Today my big-little brother turned 19. I have literally spent the last 48 hours doing nothing but things for Jack. From painting a sign and making CDS, to cooking hundreds of empanadas. I've spent my life looking after Jack and today made me think about all of the things we've been through and all that I love about Jack.
I would say that my favorite thing about Jack is his humor. He is the funniest kid you'll ever meet. It comes to him naturally. About 65% of the time, I'll throw up from laughing so hard.
Even though Jack is my "little" brother, I still look up to him as if he was 10 years older than me. He is an amazing example to me and I strive to be more like him. He is so sure of everything that I'm not. As he prepares for his mission, I find myself in awe of what he's accomplished. In only about 5 years, he's gone from being a lost sheep to being absolutely positive about everything. He knows where he wants to go in life and how he wants to live. This characteristic is something that I'm trying to learn from him. He doesn't take life too seriously and because of that, he is immensely happy.
Out of the three of us kids, I think that he got the most of my mom's traits. He's honest, funny, loving, and outgoing. He'll open up to everyone and within minutes of meeting him, they'll love him. I want to be like him and I look forward from learning from his example. He's leaving for two years and I know that for those two years, the best part of my life will be leaving. My life will become less funny and less interesting, but I know it's for the good.



No comments:
Post a Comment